Call for Papers
The call for the JAEE special issue is available here (link). Research themes include (but are not limited to):
- Corporate financial disclosure, country-level, effects, and firm-level characteristics.
- The development of accounting and auditing regulations in the MENA region.
- The development of environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting.
- Accounting professionals' experiences and attitudes in the accounting profession in the MENA region.
- The characteristics of MENA boards of directors and their influence (if any) on corporate reporting and disclosure.
- The implications of economic, social and governance indicators in MENA firms.
- The role of governance structures (e.g., audit committee, nomination committee) on corporate disclosure and reporting.
- Accounting, accountability, and governance in non-listed MENA settings (e.g., family businesses, Islamic financial or other institutions).
- Public sector accounting and auditing in MENA states.
- The extent of sustainability accounting, assurance, and reporting practices in the MENA context.
- Management accounting, control and digitalization in MENA organizations.
- The employment of indigenous and local approaches for the development of accounting thought, practices, education, and research in MENA.